The conference has six objectives:
- To bring together the world’s plain language experts to share their experience, examples and research of how plain language improves customer relations across all sectors.
- To bring together new and non-traditional stakeholders in plain language to listen, debate and discuss using plain language to develop and sustain customer relations.
- To provide a platform to develop the theory and practice of plain language, including discussion of the latest research.
- To increase the capacity of delegates to develop, introduce, implement and advocate for plain language in their organizations and countries.
- To influence leaders, including key policy makers, to increase their commitment to plain language.
- To increase awareness of plain language developments around the world.